My 5 and 4 year old boys very much enjoy playing games from my retro video game collection with Super Mario Bros being their favourite. So I did a little searching on the internet for a Super Mario Bros level editor and well, I found one.
It is called Super Mario Bros. Game Builder and is a Java app, so it will work on Mac, Windows and Linux. It has loads of great functionality including:
- Password protected games, to share unchangeable games with other players
- Virtually limitless numbers of levels/warps/enemies/blocks/pipes/etc.
- Custom level names and time limit options
- Bowser battles, flagpoles, Lakitu, flying fish, and other custom level features]
- Little to no learning curve to master building custom games!
- Builder tools likes tracing warps, finding Mario, and editing sprite properties
- Robust save/load, edit/undo, add/remove/copy levels, and many others
You can get more info including a download, here:
http://adwenturemario.moy.su/# – My Mario.
sirrichardmeyer, I’d like to see that dev release! (What new features does it have, if any?)
Andrew Kellogg finally got a DMCA notice from Nintendo, and as a result both his official website and the gamejolt page are down for good. I happen to have the last unreleased dev version for it, which I was working on by myself before the DMCA. If you want it, leave a reply and I’ll figure something out. It just seems a shame to see such a good game go to waste.
@CHRISTOPHER SPOONER sirrichardmeyer: I know quite some time passed since your post, but is there still an option to get the last dev version? Thanks in advance!