Project ideas for an RGB LED matrix display

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Project ideas for an RGB LED matrix display

Post by brad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:12 pm

Bitfogav and I had been talking about RGB Matrix displays in another thread.

Anywho, I thought i'd start this thread to put down a few ideas with respect to these displays - so here's a few:

- On top of my list would be a new game system, kinda like retroball but you could play all sorts of different games on it and you could plug in different controllers like super nintendo controllers and analog controllers like the old atari paddle controllers. I thought about redoing the retroball game itself but it would be better with each paddle having it's own color, then you could have power ups where you could shoot other players or maybe give a power shot etc... The balls could also change color depending on the speed of the ball perhaps?

- I am currently working on a papi jump / doodle jump type game. This is where a ball keeps bouncing up and down, then you need to move it to the left and right to jump onto platforms and work your way up the screen.

- Maybe a snake type game

- and loads of others perhaps....

bitfogav

Re: Project ideas for an RGB LED matrix display

Post by bitfogav » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm

This all sounds good so far Brad, The idea I had was to recreate the old retro Asteroids game.. It was probably one of the first games I played when we had our first Computer!.. :lol:

We could always spice it up abit and put colour into it being that we will use a RGB matrix obviously :lol: , and put some FX sounds into it aswell..

Maybe we could make a system that runs a game from a SD Card?, just put your game onto SD Card and then run it?..
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Project ideas for an RGB LED matrix display

Post by brad » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Now your talking! That would be a great game to implement. It would be tricky but it would be a nice learning experience - especially getting the SD card functionality working :)