PICnDuino - Dual Microcontroller development platform!

Post here to let others know of a project you're working on.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: PICnDuino - Dual Microcontroller development platform!

Post by MrDEB » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Contemplating using Itead unless I can find a better price as I only want at this time four boards (2 = 62mm x 62mm and 2 = 147mm x 77mm)
Want to assemble two working prototypes, get any bugs out then get more boards made.
Panelize the boards is an option maybe save some money?
Dorkboards want $5 per square inch-ouch for large boards.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by brad » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:33 pm

I highly recommend Itead. My boards have always been great. If you don't mind waiting a little longer for them, the cheap shipping is just fine.

The good thing is that they don't charge you any extra for panellising your boards. So you can put many designs on each board - you just need to separate them with a silkscreen line.

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by MrDEB » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Diptrace won't allow any more than 300 connections using the FREE version

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 am

MrDEB wrote:Diptrace won't allow any more than 300 connections using the FREE version
Yep that's right. But 300 pins can still make you a pretty hefty circuit :)

bitfogav

Post by bitfogav » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:30 pm

brad wrote:Hey, you got them PICnDuino thingys!

Have you had a chance to use them yet? Have they been easy / hard / run into any difficulties etc...

I have had a little play with my PicNDuino's and found it a breeze to use, I would say that I already had the Amicus drivers installed and it works great with the Arduino compiler on a Windows Vista system.. No other problems like any manufacture issues :)
If you don't know what Voltage your country is using, you shouldn't be doing electronics ;-)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 am

Great to hear Gav!

The only problems I have heard from people is the driver issue with windows 8, but people seem to be fixing that up in a round about way :)