Electrical Junction Boxes for Microcontrollers?

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Electrical Junction Boxes for Microcontrollers?

Post by Chuckt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:51 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junction_box
Electrical Junction Box.jpg
Electrical Junction Box.jpg (182.81 KiB) Viewed 6761 times
These boxes are cheap, plentiful and are designed for house current which is more than hobby microcontrollers probably handle. I suppose they can be painted and if you design a board to fit then you may have a profitable design. Engineers are afraid of selling electrical products to the general public but I would feel more safer with some projects in these boxes.

There just needs to be a modular PCB design for the 16F or 18F pic.

Just be careful of metal splinters, wear heavy duty gloves and use safety glasses. And use a file for sharp edges.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Electrical Junction Boxes for Microcontrollers?

Post by brad » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:37 pm

I like using plastic boxes. They are cheap and easy to work with (drilling etc...)

I used to get them from my local electronics store which has just closed down :cry:

MrDEB
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: Electrical Junction Boxes for Microcontrollers?

Post by MrDEB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:24 am

The ABS plastic electrical boxes are cheap as well.
Most any hardware store or Bigbox has them.
The junction boxes are the best as they are sealed (watertight)