Synth Do It Yourself

Post here to let others know of great places to buy components etc... online.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Synth Do It Yourself

Post by Chuckt » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:27 am

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Synth Do It Yourself

Post by brad » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:09 pm

That's some pretty cool stuff right there!

I have seen people do similar things with the sound chip out of the old commodore 64 computers (SID chip)

people pay good money for those chips.

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Chuckt » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:34 pm

I read online articles about one of the designers of the Sid chip and he said they could have done more but it is really a basic chip. The chip has been emulated by the Atmega and Propeller chip. I also found the datasheet for the Sid chip online.

I was reading a post on microcontrollers because I'm learning different parts. I found a post on "Audio Synth chips? Atmel Dream? Other chips?" I found this youtube video featuring Dream Chips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvy0gAgSNQ8&NR=1

I didn't mind the video so I did a search on Dream Chips and I found this:

Atmel DREAM SAM9755 IC

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Atmel+DRE ... a073880521

I don't have any more leads.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:03 pm

Looking at the site I think it's quite impressive that they are going to such lengths to match transistors - now that is cool!