Wii U CPU specs

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wii U CPU specs

Post by Chuckt » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:52 am

http://www.vgleaks.com/world-premiere-wii-u-specs/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... i-u-really

I'm disappointed to hear they will only have two tablets being able to run concurrently because of bandwidth issues:

"According to Nash, bandwidth issues associated with having four concurrent streams coming from one Wii U machine to four GamePad screens stamped out the idea of support for four GamePad controllers."

That means two player games instead of four and I'm wondering if that will affect online interaction as well.

"But at the moment it's purely limited to processing and signal transmission bandwidth and a combination thereof."

Someone wrote in the comments that Nintendo did the same thing with the Gamecube and the developer kit was only half as powerful. We will see.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wii U CPU specs

Post by brad » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Seems very strange to go from four controllers to just two. Even the n64 had four controllers

Saimaster13
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: Wii U CPU specs

Post by Saimaster13 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 am

Actually, I read that their new game Nintendo Land showcases what you can do with the Wii U (like Wii Sports did for the Wii) and supports up to five controllers. Four Wii controllers, and one Wii U controller are used. So it isn't reducing the player count, it just isn't upgrading all of the controllers.
Joshua