LCD Screen

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rmail2006
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LCD Screen

Post by rmail2006 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 am

Hi everyone,
I found this site about a week ago and i've been trying a few turorials and think there gerat :D
I was just wondering though about how I would send a picture or video signal to an LCD Screen such as a one from a mobile phone.

Tutorials would be great but bear in mind that I have only followed tutorials from this site so other tutorials leading up to it would be great :)

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: LCD Screen

Post by brad » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi,

glad you like the site and tutorials. Unfortunately I don't have any tutorials for LCD screens but you can follow a great thread where some guys have been experimenting with LCD's.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=441

Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: LCD Screen

Post by Chuckt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 pm

rmail2006 wrote:Hi everyone,
I found this site about a week ago and i've been trying a few turorials and think there gerat :D
I was just wondering though about how I would send a picture or video signal to an LCD Screen such as a one from a mobile phone.

Tutorials would be great but bear in mind that I have only followed tutorials from this site so other tutorials leading up to it would be great :)
You would need a GSM module and probably a sim card for the microcontroller or you would have to have the microcontroller connected to the internet to receive the picture and that would require an ethernet connection which means you would have to build another system on a board to connect to the microcontroller. You would also have to have a tc/icp stack and know how to use for the internet it if you don't use the GSM module.

I haven't gotten to that level yet to advise you and there is a whole lot involved that I don't know.

But I imagine that a cell phone camera is 1.3 megapixels or better and the LCD would have to be equal or you would have to convert the pixels to a smaller image for display on the LCD. When you are converting large files from a camera to a microcontroller, I don't know if you would have the memory to do it because I've never done this before.

http://www.sparkfun.com/search/results? ... t=products