Which Circuit board Vise is better? Panavise or Weller?

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Which Circuit board Vise is better? Panavise or Weller?

Post by Chuckt » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Which Circuit board vise is better? Panavise or Weller?

The Panavise is cheap and is for small boards and then I saw the Weller Circuit Board Vise which lets you rotate your board 360 degrees but I don't know if it works with small boards. It looks like it is for medium boards.

http://www.elexp.com/pro_f120.htm

Maybe there is a third option.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Which Circuit board Vise is better? Panavise or Weller?

Post by brad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:53 pm

I have seen all sorts out there. There are the expensive - robust versions, and then theres the cheap and nasty.

When it comes down to it, any of them will work, it's just a matter of how much you want to spend.

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Brad really likes these:
Helping-Hands-280w.jpg
Helping-Hands-280w.jpg (30.88 KiB) Viewed 8943 times
Stacy :mrgreen:
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brad » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Only the best!

sdudley

Post by sdudley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Actually I have two of those and I rarely (if ever) use them. The base is so small that it falls over when I put any decent size board on it. The magnafying glass is pretty much useless as well.

Stacy
Any time you deviate from sequential consistency, you increase the complexity of the problem by orders of magnitude.