World's Oldest Light Bulb Still Burning After 110 Years

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Chuckt » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:57 pm

A light bulb hanging in the Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department has been burning steadily for exactly 110 years, according the Centennial Bulb website. Since the "Centennial Bulb" was first turned on, the stock market crashed and was reborn, the nuclear age began, two World Wars were fought, cars and planes were developed … and through it all the bulb kept burning.
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/06/ ... test=faces

It is a shame that I have to go out and buy a bulb every year or two and this one was made to last for 110 years or more.

Here is the web cam of the bulb:

http://www.centennialbulb.org/photos.htm

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: World's Oldest Light Bulb Still Burning After 110 Years

Post by brad » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Better than an LED :)