AlienCortex AV

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

AlienCortex AV

Post by Chuckt » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:44 pm

AlienCortex AV

These two links tell you about it. The first link has a video:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/794 ... ncortex-av

http://fabuloussilicon.com/blog/

It is multicore and runs a Xilinx Spartan 3e 500K FPGA. It has two Atari joystick ports.
The Alien Song core is based around the amazing SK-Synth open-source synth engine by Stefan Kristiansson. SK-Synth is a high quality, 8 note (2 oscillators per note), digital synthesizer with resonant filters and LFOs, as well as drum sample playback.
Alien Xtreme-G turns AlienCortex AV into a powerful gaming platform with two 32MHz Arduino-sketch compatible cores (based on Ruslan Lepetenok's AVR8 project) and a graphics and sound engine based on James Bowman's awesome Gameduino (previously featured on Kickstarter).
I found some other things about this board that could possibly turn it into a computer:
These versions will be exactly the same as their full versions of MikroBasic Professional, MikroC Professional, and MikroPascal Professional, which normally sell for $199 to $249. The only difference is that the free versions for AlienCortex will only compile code for an AlienCortex board. That's it. No other limitations... and there's are no code size restrictions either... they'll compile all the way up to the full 128K per core, and they include all of the same libraries as their professional versions, and well as extra libraries I've been putting together for AlienCortex AV Xtreme cores and Alien Song.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/794 ... x-av/posts

I would love to talk to the author. It all seems very involved and probably not for beginners but I'm guessing the Arduino crowd would love a board like this because it can fit a shield (daughterboard) on top. It is way over my head at this point.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable