Proposed project to light ceramic houses

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuckt
I practically live here!
I practically live here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Proposed project to light ceramic houses

Post by Chuckt » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:15 am

Proposal

There are ceramic houses that hold tea lights sold in shops for different seasons. You can probably find some at Yankee Candle in the US. How about replacing the tea lights with LEDs? I suppose you would need some sort of pulse width modulation to variably control the brightness to mimic the flicker of a flame. You should probably need red, yellow, clear and amber LEDs to simulate fire.

You would need seasonal songs to play on a piezo speaker and this could all be mounted on a small plastic breadboard.

In the US, we celebrate Christmas so a seasonal song would be Jingle Bells or Deck the Halls. On Thanksgiving we sing "Over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go.". I can think of some other songs. I think we would need to find some patriotic displays and come up with a theme.

brad
Site Admin
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Proposed project to light ceramic houses

Post by brad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 am

Nice idea!

I guess you would want to program in some form of randomization code that would vary the PWM.

I know something that would be capable of those songs! - Stacy's monofonic audio chip!