DIY Audio Amplifier Circuit Diagram

Post here if it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Chuckt, Garth, bitfogav

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
xdhedward
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

DIY Audio Amplifier Circuit Diagram

Post by xdhedward » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi,

I have been looking for a decent stereo amplifier circuit diagram for quite a while. I am not a HiFi nerd, I simply needed to fabricate a straightforward stereo amplifier that could drive a few speakers for my desktop PC.

All the schematic graphs that I could discover appeared to include heaps of elusive parts or you needed to utilize it together with a pre-amplifier or some other amplifier arrange. It was continually something that influenced me to delay. But recently I found this wonderful little chip called TEA2025D. We just need a couple of capacitors to influence a better than average stereo speaker to out of it. It is so easy to construct that I set up it together on a stripboard in only a couple of hours.

The amplifier circuit diagram demonstrates a 2.5W * 2 stereo amplifier. We can likewise make a 5W mono amplifier out of it. There are numerous potential outcomes when you can influence such to a modest amplifier.

Thanks for any assistance.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Re: DIY Audio Amplifier Circuit Diagram

Post by Garth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:30 am

The part is obsolete; so it's not exactly a good one to plan on putting in new designs. The fact that it's SOIC-only might put off a few hobbyists too. I find SOICs to be pretty easy to solder, but of course they won't go into standard perfboard or breadboard, so you'd need an expensive SOIC-to-DIP adapter.
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources

xdhedward
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by xdhedward » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 am

Hello Garth, thanks for your responding. Could you please give me an idea how expensive the SOIC-to-DIP adapter?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Garth
I practically live here!
I practically live here!

Post by Garth » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:36 am

Here are a couple, made by Aries which is much cheaper than some other brands like Ironwood, at Mouser: National Semiconductor (now unfortunately taken over by TI) is one of the primary companies I look to for DIP-packaged IC amplifiers like the LM380 in the power range you mention.

I'm not sure what you mean by "heaps of elusive parts" needed to work with an IC. Setting the gain is something that is sometimes done externally if you don't like the stock gain, and that's usually done with a simple resistor, sometimes with a capacitor in series. Low-distortion capacitors beyond perhaps a few tens of pF can't be done on the IC itself, so these have to go outboard; but they're common, cheap, and easy to deal with. A bridged output can get away without an output capacitor, otherwise, for a ground-referenced output, there would have to be a positive and negative power supply if you want to avoid the output capacitor, for example ±5V or ±12V.

Input capacitors are always required except in the case of ICs that allow ground-referenced inputs and you already have that kind of signal with no bias on it. Again though, capacitors are not exactly "elusive" parts. There's often a power-supply bypass capacitor recommended too.

The IP addresses you've posted here from have all been used to spam other forums.
If you're here because you truly have an interest in electronics projects, then welcome; but you apparently need to clean up your computer of whatever has let someone use it as a spambot. We do watch every post and every user though, and anyone who spams here won't last. So will this be a welcome, or a warning?
http://WilsonMinesCo.com/ lots of 6502 resources